Earth Weave Wool Rugs are the only all-natural, green/eco-friendly, 100% recyclable, and American-made rugs available on the market today. There are over 200 chemicals used in conventional rugs that can cause the new rug owner to have symptoms of fatigue, difficulty breathing, weakness, hair loss, skin rashes, dizziness, depression, loss of memory, confusion, headaches, and burning throats, noses, and eyes. Protect your family, pets, and loved ones from all these symptoms with our all natural wool rugs. (Note: Individuals who have sensitivity to animal fibers should obtain the Earth Weave Carpet/Rug Samples Kit before ordering.)
Our McKinley Wool rugs are a tufted, textured loop pile. Its yarn weight is 44 oz. and yarn content is 100% undyed wool. McKinley's maximum pile height is 8/32" with a primary backing of hemp/cotton and secondary backing of jute adhesive and natural rubber. These wool rugs have not been exposed to any kind of chemical stain treatment making them 100% natural. If you are in southeastern Michigan, stop by our showroom in order to experience all of our Earth Weave products first hand before you purchase. Also come in to view our wide selection of water filters and other health conscious products. Click here to view our office address.
(Note: The color of your rug or carpet might not match the image on your screen based on the type of monitor you have (please request our Earth Weave Carpet/Rug Samples Kit before ordering) and the size can vary as much as an inch on each side.
Features and Benefits
- Naturally stain resistant. Wool repels liquids, which is what most stains come from.
- Naturally flame resistant. Meets or exceeds methenamine pill test requirements for carpets and area rugs. Wool fibers will not ignite if exposed to flames and they self extinguish quickly. Can be used over radiant heating.
- Better air quality. Our wool rugs do not contain any toxic chemicals. The fibers can also hold dust particles until they have been vacuumed, which results in less dust in the air. Wool rugs can help purify the air by absorbing pollutants, according to a study by the Wool Research of New Zealand (WRONZ).
- Durable. Because of the natural resiliency of wool, wool rugs can hold their shape and fresh look longer than other types of rug. When properly taken care of, wool rugs can last for 50 years or more. When stretched or crushed, they bounce back to their original shape. Synthetic fibers lose their shape more quickly. Synthetic fibers flatten, wear in high-traffic areas, wear under furniture, or pill.
- Wool rugs are soft and luxurious.
- Biodegradable. Can be used as mulch, recycled, etc.
- Made of 100% natural raw materials. No harmful chemicals are used at any stage of manufacturing. Used extensively by those suffering from chemical sensitivity and those concerned about the environment. 100% Pure wool—no dyes, pesticides, or stain protections are used. The application of these chemicals can greatly affect indoor air quality through the off gassing of volatile organic compounds. Naturally pigmented wool fibers are used for coloration as opposed to any of the harsh dyes and chemical bonding agents other rug manufacturers use.
- All natural primary backing. Primary backing is made of a combination of hemp and cotton. Hemp is used for its durability, strength, and mold and mildew resistance. This is used instead of the traditional synthetic polypropylene primary.
- Wool yarns are locked into place with a natural adhesive that is derived from the rubber tree. This further helps to lock the stitches in place and prevents slippage of the yarn. This adhesive is completely biodegradable and non-toxic as well.
- Jute, a hardy earth friendly fiber producing plant, is used for the secondary backing.
- Made in the U.S.A.
All of these elements add up to make a product that is beautiful to look at yet sacrifices nothing in the way of our commitment to indoor air quality and the environment.
To place an order with us either call/email us, or
You can place an order securely online:
- At the top of this page, enter in the "quantity" (Qty) of rugs that you want to purchase, then click the "Add to Cart" button.
- Once in the Shopping Cart, you can change the amount of square yards you want to order, and you can click on the "Continue Shopping" button to add any padding or other products to your order.
- After you have added any additional products, click on the "checkout" button and continue to follow the instructions.
Please Note: Prices online do not include shipping. You will be contacted with a grand total, including a shipping price, within 48 hours for final approval before any type of payment is processed. (Please see the Shipping Information section below for more details.)
All Shipping is done by freight and the cost for shipping can vary.
If you want a shipping quote before you purchase the product, please call us at
(Toll-Free) 1-877-284-5042, or fill out our Shipping Request Form for Rugs.
Otherwise shipping will added on to your total purchase after the order is placed online and you will be contacted by our staff before the product is shipped for final approval. Shipping can take up to 2-5 weeks for delivery. You will also be contacted by our freight company who will set up an appointment to deliver the rugs.
|UPS Ground Free Shipping||No|